Sealing Records

When a child has not been adjudicated for a criminal offense, he or she may be able to get their record sealed immediately. In situations where the child successfully completes a diversion program, some local judges require a one year waiting period after completion of deferred prosecution. Even children who were adjudicated and were placed on probation are still eligible to get their record sealed (determinate sentence cases excluded).


In situations involving an upcoming college application, we both help high school students seal their record and then help them navigate the multiple questions asked on the application.

© 2018 Sumpter & González , L.L.P.
Download our Brochure
Sumpter & González L.L.P.
206 East 9th Street, Suite 1511
Austin, TX 78701

Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 9AM - 5PM
Telephone: 512-381-9955
Fax: 512-485-3121
Emergency Jail Release: 512-600-6151